Monday, March 14, 2011

Faerie Tales

Have you ever pictured something turning out to be wonderful, but then come to find out it's mediocre? It happens to me quite a bit. You could call me an extremist in the daydreaming category. I'm concerned, really. It seems as if I live in another world entirely. When I walk to school I barely remember how I got there because I was off in my idyllic world, only coming out to tread through my usual routine during the day. Wake up. Class. Eat. Sleep. I used to blame it on being creative. I would say "I'm a creative writer that's how my brain works!" Although now, I'm starting to wonder if it is ,in fact, ignorance that runs my other world. I day dream to get away from the world when it's too much to handle. What happens when the bad out weighs the good? Will I get stuck in my dreams forever?

Does this make me an idiot?

I want people to think of me and have the word intelligent following close behind. At this I completely fail. When someone thinks of me it's "oh that bigger girl," or "she is funny" or the word ditsy is riding right along with my name. It's not exactly the word I want to be associated with. How do I stop being ditsy and start being intelligent? That's my dilemma. How can I "be myself" and set a good impression of myself also?

Also, how do I get ANYWHERE in my life when I don't take action and do it? I think of these wonderful things I would like to do and it never gets done. "Something" always gets in the way, and by something I mean my excuses. This is how people end up staying in Southern Indiana and that can't be my future.

Do I need to wake up? If not, how do I put my intertwine my world with the real world?

No comments:

Post a Comment